As stated in earlier blogs, the hype at the moment seems to be the Mediations companies. Of course resale will always be there, but after the successful claim of the OFT all of the sudden the mediation companies and legal advisory companies appear in bunches out of the blue.
Mediation Solutions – http://www.mediation-solutions.net/ , cold caller, offers a mediation service for an initial upfront fee of £320. Their website was created 4 months ago and they registered around the same time at the UK Companies House under number 07671030 as stated in their web.
On the website they have a UK address as contact but they do point out that there are “satellite offices in Spain” For the UK they have a postal address:
Mediation Solutions Ltd, Building 3, City West Business Park, Gelderd Road, Leeds, LS12 6LN, United Kingdom
And another address as “Head office” in Essex: Mediation Solutions Ltd Registered Office: 2nd Floor, 43 Broomfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1SY, United Kingdom
Contact number for head office 0207 043 1890
The address for Spain is not mentioned but for the moment we know that there is one at least in Tenerife with contact number: (0034) 922 736 300
The worrying factor in this case is that they actually contact the consumer claiming they got their details passed on from Mason, Goodwin & Lisco http://wp.me/p1kmoi-50 which is a company more than known on our blog! Not really a good reference I would say!
So consumers who have been duped by Mason, Goodwin and Lisco are now again approached with a similar almost identical pitch of “we can claim for you, come over to Tenerife and we settle the case”
Quote; “We have a team of consultants that assist clients in reclaiming their funds on a daily basis. You are due to receive 90% of these funds, and our consultants take the remaining 10% of these funds as payment, on completion. To sign for your funds, you would need to meet with a consultant in Tenerife within the next 120 days”
Conclusion, a cold calling company, referred by Mason, Goodwin and Lisco as they say, asking for an upfront fee to claim under the Consumer Credit Card Act (1974), asking the consumer to travel to Tenerife (WHY??) and no track record at all of any successful claim.
Have you been called by Mediation Solutions? Please let us know.