After publishing the cold caller list for September 2018, it has become clear that the activity of the cold callers at this time of the year is rising.
More and more so called claims companies and “lawyers” are approaching consumers by telephone and throw all kind of fantastic offers to them.
For many consumers it is really difficult to detect the good ones from the bad ones and very often we receive inquiries from consumers asking, “who can we trust?”
One of the main things a consumer should keep in mind is that any cold caller should be treated with extreme caution!
First question should always be:“where did you get my private and personal details?”
And really, explanations like your name being taken from a “general timeshare register” cannot be taken serious and are strong indications that the caller cannot be trusted at all!
Most consumers have come back from their holidays and started working again and are facing now an upcoming maintenance fee invoice from their resort.
In many families the issue of what to do with the timeshare next year is yet again on the table.
Cold callers know this as well, and that is why they are becoming so active at this time of the year.
But please do not let all these incredible offers blind you, and make sure you continue to do your homework!
When you get any company on the phone, a claims company or supposed legal, do take note of their contact details, and if possible website and email address.
Don’t give too much personal information away, they already have far too much on you probably and as you don’t know whom you are talking to, the less you tell them the better.
After asking them to start where they got your contact details from, please check them out on the following as well:
* Where are they located, how long they have been in business and what is their company registration number? When did they register their website?
* What are the full names of the legal professionals that are connected to the company and handling the cases and their registration numbers in order to verify them with the corresponding bar association.
* If attending a meeting, whom will you be meeting up with at the meeting? For which company are they working? Is the person who is calling you in the first place also present at such meeting? If not, why not?
* Will you have to take up any additional service or purchase any additional product at the meeting in order to be able to “join” a claim or get your claim assessed?
* Will there be any upfront payment in order for a lawyer to start looking at your case?
* How many successful claims has the company done so far and can they actually show documented evidence of these successes?
* If they offer a No win No Fee claim, who is funding the claim?
Most probably none of the cold callers will be able to give you any satisfactory answer to all this.
If you have doubts about any cold caller offering claims and the possibility to join existing court claims, please send us a message with the company name and the details you have so far, and we will give you the answers.
Remember, genuine lawyers and legal professionals DO NOT cold call and there is no such thing as a public register of Timeshare owners!!
You can reach us through the CONTACT US page or by sending an email to email@example.com